Century Furniture uses foam that has been certified through the CertiPUR-US® program.
Furniture that carries the CertiPUR-US® seal contain flexible polyurethane foams that have been rigorously tested and certified by an accredited independent laboratory to meet specific criteria for physical performance, content, indoor emissions and environmental stewardship.
Certified foams must undergo recertification every six months for the first year and annually thereafter. Random checking of foam samples are conducted to verify that only compliant foams are being sold with the CertiPUR-US® seal.
CertiPUR-US® certified foams are:
- Low emission (low VOCs) for indoor air quality
- Made without chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) or other ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and heavy metals.
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without prohibited phthalates
- Tested and approved for durability and performance
CertiPUR-US® certified foams are foams that feel good and you can feel good about. For more information, please visit at www.certipur.us